THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY EXCLUSIVELY TO THE SHELL GWE KAPO PROMOTION. ALL PARTICIPANTS IN THE PROMOTION ARE DEEMED TO HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND ACCEPTED THE SAME:
1. This promotion is restricted to persons over the age of eighteen (18) years. Proof of age may be required prior to redemption of any prize.
2. The promotion will run from 14th March 2017 to 31st December 2017. VIVO Energy Uganda reserves the right to amend the duration of this promotion.
3. Decisions made by VIVO Energy Uganda shall be final and binding. By participating in the promotion, the participants/ consumers agree to abide by and observe these terms and conditions.
REGISTRATION WITH THE SHELL BODA CLUB
4. All motorcycle riders will be eligible to participate in the promotion at Shell retail sites. In order to so participate a motorcycle rider shall register as a Shell Boda Club member. Registration of Shell Boda Club members will be retail service station specific and will take place upon servicing a motorcycle at a Shell Boda Express at designated Shell retail service stations. Upon registration the motorcycle and the rider’s details will be captured in a Shell Boda Club Book and the motorcycle rider will be issued with a Shell Boda Club membership card. The following rules will apply to registration:
5. A motorcycle rider will be able to register and participate at different retail service stations. In such cases, the motorcycle rider will have two or more different Shell Boda Club registrations but under the same motorcycle registration number (if the same motorcycle is used for registration at the different retail service stations). A Shell Boda Club service record from one retail service station shall not be transferable to the Shell Boda Club service record of another retail service station.
6. A motorcycle rider will be able to register more than one motorcycle into the Shell Boda Club, however, each motorcycle will have a separate registration and service record.
7. A Shell Boda Club member who services his/her motorcycle at a Shell Boda Express during the first 3 (three) months of the promotion will be entitled to 1(one) litre of fuel for every second such service.
8. Purchases/servicing can be made by any motorcycle rider provided that such motorcycle is tagged to a specific Shell Boda Club member.
9. Shell Boda Club members who participate in activations will be eligible to participate in raffles where they may win various prizes.
10. Shell Boda Club members will be eligible to enter draws from time to time during the promotion period towards winning a motorcycle. The number of entries in a member’s service record will determine the number or entries that such member will have in such draws.
11. Prizes will be redeemable at Shell retail service stations provided that a motorcycle rider shall only redeem prizes at the retail service station(s) where he/she was registered as a Shell Boda Club member. Vivo Energy reserves the right to reward motorcycle riders during the course of this promotion.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA.
12. By agreeing to participate in the promotion you are giving VIVO Energy Uganda permission to contact you for further information.
13. By agreeing to participate in the promotion, all winners of the prizes agree that their full names, photos, video footage and other details be made public in such media that VIVO Energy Uganda may choose and that they will further agree to participate in all public relations and marketing activities of VIVO Energy Uganda on such terms, as VIVO Energy Uganda may require without any additional consideration.
14. All the ownership and intellectual property rights in the footage and visuals taken of any participant, his / her family and surrounding on lookers is and shall at all times remain the sole property of VIVO Energy Uganda.
15. Use of the materials stated above shall be at VIVO Energy Uganda’s discretion and VIVO Energy Uganda shall be entitled to disclose any of the participant’s details for administering the promotion, marketing and research related activities, fraud prevention and such other purposes as may be provided in terms and conditions herein and the law.
DISQUALIFICATION AND TERMINATION
16. The promotion is offered at the sole discretion of VIVO Energy Uganda and VIVO Energy Uganda reserves the right, to amend or vary these terms and conditions or to suspend/amend/terminate the promotion at any time. In case any of these circumstances arise, notice will be given by VIVO Energy Uganda through media advertisements. The notice will be effective immediately or on such date as shall be set out in such notifications.
17. On termination of this promotion for any reason not attributable to the participants, the participants will be required to redeem their prizes within thirty (30) days after such termination date.
18. VIVO Energy Uganda reserves the right to terminate any participant’s participation in the promotion upon: - 1. Suspicion of fraud or attempted fraud; or 2. Multiple claims of ownership over a Shell Boda Club registration; or 3. Breach of any of these terms and conditions; or 4. Such circumstance as may be determined by VIVO Energy Uganda.
19. If participation in the promotion is terminated under any of the circumstances set out in Clause 16 above, the participant will lose the right to redeem his/her prize and the same will be deemed to have been forfeited. In addition, VIVO Energy Uganda reserves the right to take appropriate legal action, as it deems necessary, and recover damages and other expenses incurred in pursuing such action.
20. All queries should be directed to the customer care helpline number 0312210010; available Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 5:00 pm. The customers can also use the toll free line 0800220400 also available Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 5:00 pm.
21. VIVO Energy Uganda reserves the right to amend and adjust the promotion format and timings as it deems fit.
22. VIVO Energy Uganda reserves the right to amend the mechanics & partner prizes as it deems fit at any point in the promotion.
23. VIVO Energy Uganda DOES NOT require you to pay cash, send airtime or any other consideration as a precondition in order to participate or claim any prize in this promotion, and VIVO Energy Uganda will not be liable for any losses or other damage incurred by any person who does not heed this caution.
24. Although VIVO Energy Uganda has used reasonable efforts to ensure that all information and materials relating to the promotion are accurate, VIVO Energy Uganda shall not be liable for any inaccuracy or errors in such information and/or material. VIVO Energy Uganda, its agents and sub- contractors will also not bear responsibility for any loss or damage to a participant, whether caused by self or any third party, arising from: - 1. Matters outside the control of VIVO Energy Uganda, its agents and sub-contractors including but not limited to force majeure events such as acts of God, computer viruses, power outages, etc; 2. Any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any machine, telephone network or system, service provider software or otherwise which may result in missing characters in the promotional packs, any entry being lost or not properly received, registered or recorded.
25. These terms and conditions are subject to interpretation by VIVO Energy Uganda and any questions or disputes shall be resolved by VIVO Energy Uganda and the decisions reached thereafter shall be final.